Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Family History

I am currently taking an Introduction to Family History class. For this class I am keeping a blog of my life, one that my friends and family can see. It may not hold my secret thoughts, but it will allow others to know what is going on in my life.

At this moment I am listening to Devotional on the radio at my friends/BYU-I family's dorm. Vanessa is on her top, Jennifer is drawing, Bekah is on her top, Garrett is on the floor...sleeping'ish, and Lesley is on her top.

The speaker is currently talking about the temple.
He just told a story of how the General Authority decided to have the sacrament in the Kirkland temple. A man objected the idea but could change no one's mind. As they were having the sacrament in the temple this man could tell that everyone but he was having a spiritual experience. Then, in the words of the speaker, this man recieved "a spiritual spanking". A voice said to him, "this is not your house, it is mine." The Lord can do whatever he wants in his home, and he is in charge of it. Nice thought =]
I love the temple. It has beautiful symbolism and wonderful work is done there. I was able to do baptisms for my ancestors in this temple on the right. My friend Zach did it for my male ancestors. It was a wonderful experience. Someday, I will marry in a temple, the Portland, Oregon one I hope.
I am a freshman in college. Here is a video that I have made for my first half of my first semester...The End...for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment